The fire is still raging, making national headlines. Although we had some rain during the night, it has grown from approximately 300 acres to over 2,000 acres. The direction of the wind has changed, meaning that air quality is much better where we are, but it keeps blowing strong, which is bad news for the fire crews. One car has been burned, and the Park Service has closed the park until further notice. In light of this situation, I’ve decided to change our route and to cross into Canada this afternoon.